Tuesday, November 15, 2005

PREGNANT!

On my way home from work tonight, I stopped at Pick-n-Save to pick up a few groceries. On a whim, I also bought a pregnancy test. I was about a week late and was curious to see if there was any news. I debated between taking it right away or waiting until later, maybe even a day or two. My curiousity got the best of me though, and I took it sooner than later. The test quickly displayed two lines...PREGNANT!
Without thinking, I dialed Les on the phone. When he answered I didn't know quite what to say. I was a little "spellbound" and speechless for a second (an unusual occurance for me). On one hand, I wanted to share the news...but sharing it over the phone wasn't my first choice. After stammering for a few seconds, I finally told him that I had just taken the test. He must have been as caught off guard by my call as I was of the result. He wasn't clear about what I was saying so I finally said, "I'm pregnant."
He left work and is on his way home right now. To be continued...

No comments: