Lots of excitement here at the Hollingsworth House! I knew this past week would be a busy one, but I didn't know quite how much excitement we were in for (and not the good kind either.)
Les started his new job as Marketing Director for UWP's Distance Learning program. It seems to be a good change and he is really enjoying his position. Our house went up for sale on the 12th. We've already had 7 couples check it out and a handful more realtors out scouting it. We did locate a cute little house that we liked and put an offer in on it. It sounds like we are the "back up buyers" if for some reason something goes wrong with their accepted offer. Eva and I started swimming lessons on Wednesday. She is the youngest in her class of 8 babies. She definately got noticed! Her little arms and legs didn't stop moving from the time she hit the water until we got out. I started taking a reading class that took up my free time on Friday night and Saturday. But, its a great class and I am taking it with a friend which makes it even more fun.
So, that in a nutshell, was the business we expected for the week. Eva added another spin on it. What appeared to be a cold on Friday night quickly got more severe. By Sunday her breathing was very rattly and she coughed and vomitted all day. This got very scary for Mom and Dad and we took her to Urgent Care. When we got there she had a 100 degree fever. They did some terrible tests on her to find out what was going on. Baby was not happy and even Dad had tears in his eyes from her pain. Although my instinct was to bat away the nurse who was jamming swabs and tubes up Eva's nose, I kept telling myself it would be over quick. Final diagnosis: bronchitis. So, Eva and I have spent the last two days at home getting better. This was our first big obstacle with her, and it was a scary one. But, we're on the road to recovery and hoping to make our little vacation up to the Dell's on Thursday, health permitting.
I promise...more Eva pictures next time.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Baby. And poor you. I know that is NOT fun at all. Stevie hasn't ever had bronchitis (oh my gosh, something he hasn't had!), but it sounds awful.
I hope that everyone gets better quickly. And that you get to go away this weekend.
Sounds like a lot is going on! Swimming sounds like fun. We are going to check out the Prairie activity center one of these days. So, where are you moving to?
Post a Comment