Friday, September 07, 2007

Another Adventure of Eva and Mom

Les and I have recently been pretty preoccupied with moving, building a house, and work commitments. So yesterday, I planned a day all about Eva. We played all morning and went for a long walk. Then, in the afternoon, we planned to load up and head to Verona to visit Liz and all of her "friends" from daycare.

Things didn't go as expected. We had just gotten on the highway when the car failed. It was pretty scary...at 65 mph I suddenly had limited steering ability and brakes. Thankfully, we were on an uphill incline so I coasted up the hill and pulled onto the shoulder before throwing the car into park to come to a full stop.

Luckily Dad came to the rescue about 10 minutes later and we had the car towed. No word yet on the fate of our little Daewoo... While it was definately an "adventure" we really had the best case scenario: close to home, in the middle of the day, and help was easily available.

No comments: