Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow Day!

Eva tries to make a necklace with play dough!Due to snow, high speed winds, and temperatures of -30 below, all area schools closed early today. Tuesdays are my heaviest days with 4 1/2 hours of teaching. So I traded a busy work day for a fun afternoon with Eva.

Unfortunately I did make the commute before school was called. My drive home on the 4 lane was slick and somewhat slow going, but fine. The exit I take to Eva's sitters is an uphill incline. I failed to slow and hit black ice and went into a crazy slide. The terror I felt as the car approached a 45 foot drop off was undescribable. My car crossed the bank and, it looked like it was downhill from there when it came to an abrupt halt.

I jumped out of my car, terrified it was unstable and could still fall. Nicely put, I was acting like a crazy lady. A nice couple who was right behind me stopped and helped me get calmed down and back on the road. In hindsight, the whole event lasted no more than a few moments but it was a little too intense for my liking.

1 comment:

Funmom said...

Oh my. I would have been terrified. My commute home today was over an hour, but I didn't have any drop-offs to worry about!