Eva's developing language is beginning to take on new functions. Lately, she has become quite the "negotiator." Here are some examples of her little mind at work:
Her newest phrase is "right now," which follows most requests. She is getting more and more demanding so I've been reminding her to say please. Tonight, at supper, she loudly announced "more milk right now, please." (We'll keep working on those manners.)
If she'd like another treat (cookie, candy, cake....anything with sugar), she'll say: "one more," then "just one more," and finally "a little bit more, please." Grandpa Ron often falls the victim to these requests.
Yesterday she wanted to stay at the park longer. While holding up her pointer finger, she announced "more park....one more minute."
I find her 2-year-old qualities more endearing than anything. Of course we cope with the occasional temper tantrums, but I am continually fascinated by her growing development. We see new evidence of it every day.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Many of these phrases sound familiar. How about this one... Lately, when I ask Jonas to do something (pick up his toys, put his shoes on, etc.) he says "I'm busy right now." They are clever, aren't they?
Robyn
Oh I remember those days so well! They just more adept at their negotation terms as they get older, so Eva's just got a head start on refining her technique. You go, girl!
Cindy
Post a Comment